This coming Sunday is a big one for us at Restoration City as 42 people become official members of the church. This is so much more than a formality – this is a group of people who are taking responsibility for RCC’s doctrine, leadership and spiritual vitality. It’s also a chance for the members of the church to affirm our commitments to one another. That’s the heart of it; we aren’t committing to an institution, we’re committing to one another.
I want to share the RCC Membership Covenant here for two reasons. One, if you are looking for a church that makes this kind of commitment to one another, we would love to have you come visit. Two, I would love it if you would pray for the new members of RCC. Ask God to give us the grace we need to fulfill these commitments.
- I commit to prioritizing corporate worship with my Restoration City Church family. (Heb. 10:25)
- I commit to praying consistently for the mission of our church and for restoration in Washington, DC. (1 Tim.2:1-2, Eph. 6:18-19)
- I commit to being an active participant in biblical community through Restoration City Church. (1 Thess. 2:8)
- I commit to living as a missionary to Washington, DC; looking to develop relationships and share the gospel with people in my spheres of influence. (2 Cor. 5:20, 1 Peter 2:9).
- I commit to serving in at least one ministry of Restoration City Church. (Eph. 2:10, Eph 4:11-12)
- I commit to supporting the work of Restoration City Church financially through regular giving. (1 Cor. 16:1-2, Malachi 3:10, 2 Cor. 8:9)
- I commit to diligently preserving unity within the congregation of Restoration City Church. (Eph. 4:3).
- I commit to loving the other members of Restoration City Church as Jesus has loved me. (John 13:34)
- I commit to resolving conflict quickly and directly with the person involved. (Mt. 18:15-17)