We’re getting ready to take a huge step in pursuing the vision God has given us for Restoration City Church – the development of our first international partnership. We’re so excited to be working with New Hope Initiatives to support the incredible work God is doing through them. As part of that, Dan and I will be spending next week in Kenya and Tanzania working to develop that partnership and lay the foundation for our first short term mission trip this fall.
Two sides notes before I get to the main point of this post:
- Although we aren’t going to miss a Sunday at church, we’re both going to be pretty jet lagged next Sunday (we fly out this Sunday evening and get back on Saturday afternoon). So, my friend Chris Gaynor from The Summit Church is going to be with us on Sunday, May 3rd. He’s a phenomenal communicator with incredible passion for Jesus. Consider yourself warned: you do NOT want to miss May 3rd!
- If you don’t already, this would be a great time to start following Dan and I on social media. We’ll be on Twitter and Instagram throughout the week. I would love to have you follow me (Twitter: @JohnGMcGowan and Instagram: @johnmcg) and Dan (Twitter: @dan_iten and Instagram: @diten). We’ll be posting as often as internet connections allow!
More than all of that, I would love to have you praying for us next week. Here are three specific prayer focuses:
- Vision. We’re asking God to speak clearly to us and show us the projects He’s asking Restoration City to be involved in this fall. We want that sense of clarity from God. Our main question in going is, “Lord, what is the assignment you have for Restoration City this fall?” Please pray for clear answers to that question.
- Fruit. Dan and I are going to have a number of opportunities to speak into the lives of teachers, business leaders, young adults and others while we are in country. I’m also going to be speaking at a Wednesday evening church service in Tanzania. Please pray God would be powerfully present and at work during those times. We so desperately want to encourage, develop and lift up the leaders and people we’re going to be meeting.
- Joy, Patience & Endurance. We’ve got a really ambitious schedule for only four days on the ground. Please ask the Lord to strengthen us, make our paths straight and fill us with His Spirit. We’re in need of massive grace to do all God has put in front of us.
I’m so looking forward to these days and hope you’re able to pray and follow along through social media. We’re believing this is the start of a great relationship between Restoration City and New Hope Initiatives.